Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: Somerset House / Remote (3-4 times in the office per week, always on Mondays)
Salary: £28,000, plus (after one year) both a share of annual profits and an EMI scheme.
If you’re passionate about creating stories that inspire change, we want to hear from you.
Catsnake is a creative agency on a mission to tell stories and craft strategies that inspire positive action. As third sector specialists, we work with clients such as UNICEF, WWF, RSPB, Scope, Dog's Trust, GOSH Charity, Amnesty International, and many more. Our relaxed, collaborative culture thrives on laughter, creativity, and of course, plenty of tea.
We’re looking for a creative who is a strong writer and conceptual thinker. Someone who loves digging into the detail of tone of voice but can also think big when it comes to developing campaign concepts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Creative Director to develop and execute creative campaigns, films and brand strategies.
- Delivering compelling copy (including long-form articles, social copy, film scripts and brand guidelines) in a range of TOVs.
- Facilitating and managing the production of creative work.
- Collaborating with the wider creative and production teams to bring ideas to life from pitch to project delivery.
- Presenting your creative ideas confidently to clients and the wider team.
- Staying updated on industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Managing tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
Desirable skills & experience
- Creative agency experience in a creative/copywriter role.
- Strong conceptual thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of brand voice and tone.
- Detail-orientated with excellent proofreading skills.
- Experience in delivering creative executions across multiple channels, including digital, social, and traditional media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A keen collaborator, used to working with people across different creative disciplines.
- Proactive and organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Passionate about working with charity organisations.
Why work at Catsnake: The Story Agency?
- Enjoy a real stake in the company, with 50% of annual profits and future company sales going to eligible employees (after one year of employment).
- Experience our hybrid work environment with the flexibility to balance office and remote working.
- We love what we do and the clients we work for. It’s fun, creative and meaningful work for some of the best charities around. Come join us!
How to apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading as “Creative Copywriter - [YOUR NAME]” and include a CV and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share your portfolio and include a link to a piece of writing that you are particularly proud of, and explain why you have chosen it.
The deadline to apply is 9 am on Monday 4th December.
We’ll then contact you for an initial interview and obviously a cuppa! Thanks!
Please note: The job description reflects the current position and is subject to review and alteration in detail or emphasis based on future changes, developments within the company, or individual growth.
At Catsnake: The Story Agency, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We believe that a diverse group of creative-minded individuals will help us better understand our audience and achieve a diversity of thought in our work. Join us and be part of a creative journey that makes a difference.